The other day I got really bored and started taking pictures. Then out of the blue I remembered Harry Potter’s invisibility cloak or something like that. You see, I’m also into video editing and wanted to try it on one of my videos but I thought that it would be too ambitious to do and I don’t have the appropriate software anyway. Then I thought, why not try it on pictures?
As a young kid, I’ve always been puzzled on how photo editors create special effects on pictures just like making clothes appear invisible. I thought of googling it and try to learn it somewhere in cyberspace. But even before I turned my pc on, I had an idea on how to do it…
Here’s what I did:

I took two pictures.. the second one with the kid on it:

and then I opened the pictures in Photoshop and dragged the second picture on top of the first. Just like this:

then I selected the jacket using the magnetic lasso tool.


After the jacket has been selected, I right clicked inside the selection and set the feathering to 1.

i clicked on the image tab >desaturate.


then I clicked on the filter tab>artistic>plastic wrap to give the jacket luster and a watery look.

clicked on the eraser tool and adjusted the brush size so that it covered the whole jacket.

Then click on it, making sure that the jacket does not totally disappear(set opacity to 50%). Part of the first layer was then revealed (the picture without the kid).

I deselected and flattened the 2 images by clicking on the little triangle on the upper right corner of the layers window.


I did the necessary adjustments (levels, brightness and contrast, etc.). Saved.


Now you can also have the invisibility shirt effect on your pictures. Hope this helps. :)

(p.s. feel free to comment if you have better ideas or if you want to add anything. tnx.)

11 comments:

Real Rebel said...

Hi there, makin clothes invisible, quite intersting though the screenshot ain that clear but its alright, appreciate ya effort, kid in there luks cute....

hj said...

hi real rebel.. thanks. i guess i'm pretty bored...

hj said...

sorry for the blurry pix... somethin was wrong with my keyboard that time, i cant screen capture... anyway, images in my other posts do not suffer from the same prob

Real Rebel said...

Hi Hannah, my name is Balie, u can address me that way too.....ya i understand sometimes v r too bored to do anything ...... mite end up poting some thing bad but u kno wat....those mistakes ov us mite not interst the viewer to visit ya blog again....so be very careful wen posting.....im imperfect too .... my blog is also not tat good....still am developin....gve me some tips....how about competition....v both select the ame topic.... and shall post it ...then we'll judge whose tha best....if intersted ....holla back....

hj said...

Balie, hi...hmm..that's such an enticing challenge. but ya know what, im very new at this blogging thing. my blog is like 4 days old. infact ur the very first to comment in any of my posts. so i dont think i could compete with u..later maybe..when i feel like im up for the challenge, ill let u knw.. nway, that's one good tip: keep quality posts to keep viewers coming bck.. thanks balie:)

Dj Lil said...

Hi Hannah,..its 2.05 pm hea... well frankly speakin im new to tis business... neither anybody commented on any ov my post....u commented on mine too it was u first...it ain no challenge buh its kinda makin our brains work cuz mine had been lyin dwn rusted for quite some time..so wen v try competing each other v tend to think more in a different level ...lets do it ..and secondly "i second the motion" wat does tat mean"...... i have few Q'z for u ...
1.do u update ya blog everyday ....
2.my gamil id is balietherebel@gmail.com...if u r online v can chat and share useful stuf...
3.
tis is purely improvin ourself in life vide bloggin as u kno we an earn bloggin....

tats it for nw .... tk care ...will for ya reply ....hit me bck jus to chat ...balie....

Real Rebel said...

oopsie ...! ! comment frm dj lil is me ....i logged in commented on to u from my id ....but dunno how it picked up younger brothers id....anyways comment is mine id is my younger brothers

hj said...

well hre it's 8.20pm.. hi balie:) so ur a newbie too?

'i second that motion' means i agree with you when you wrote that women dserve respect :) i cant find that post though.. i mean now.

1. my blog has been up like 4 days.. so ive been posting since..bt i surely would want to update it regulary.

2.im gna add u in my google talk (iv used YM eversnce..im downloading google now)

3....bloggin...earnin...that i would like to chat with u as soon as u accept my rquest...

Real Rebel said...

tatz kewl hannah....do u ve a gmail account if not i'll send u an invitation..... gtalk wr v can talk about earnin... life style in ya country ...culture...evrything and anything,tats intersting 4 u as well me ....may b i'll try postin somethin tat u like .... or somethin u wanna know about ....cuz it wrks vice versa.....knawamsayin ....

Real Rebel said...

hannah! ve added u in gmail and have send u a request to join orkut .....

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)